A site plan is required for all new construction or addition to commercial, industrial, condominium, or apartment complexes/developments. Single tenant developments and unified development plans are approved by a Technical Review Committee (TRC) comprised of City of Gastonia staff. Existing sites require compliance with land development codes and may require site plan approval when additions or site improvements exceed minimum thresholds specified in the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO).
Technical Review Committee (TRC) meets every Monday to discuss potential development.
Site Plan Process:
- Download Site Plan Checklist
- If public water and/or sewer extensions will be necessary, proceed to water and sewer quick link.
- Gaston County will review and permit all stormwater detention/treatment. See quick link.
- Submit plans/documents for review using https://devsvcs.cityofgastonia.com/ . (see digital submittal guidelines in quick links)
- 1st TRC Review – 21 calendar days
- Resubmittals as necessary
- Approval of site plan – (Avg approval time is 2 months)
- Obtain building permits
- Approval of as-built plans, and receipt of certifications
- Record Easement Plats/Deeds
- Acceptance of public infrastructure
- Issuance of CO
Notes: Submittal of building plans can be concurrent with site plan submittal. Plans must be submitted before 12:00 PM Friday to make following weeks TRC meeting on Monday. If you have further questions, contact Engineering Land Development/Construction Inspections Division at 704-866-6789
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)
Questions or comments about this site? Email the webmaster.