The City of Gastonia administers event permitting for a wide variety of events.
Please fill out the event application if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- You are a nonprofit organization seeking in-kind services (please refer to In-Kind Services Quick Link on the right for more information)
- You are having any special event such as a carnival, festival, walk, etc
- You are having an event that would require the closing of a street
- The event is taking place at the Rotary Centennial Pavilion or on other City of Gastonia property
The application cost is $30. Please call 704-869-7892 prior to completing the application to confirm availability. After the application is submitted, it has to be approved by various city department.
Effective July 1, 2022 the new Rotary Centennial Pavilion fees are as follows:
- Government/Non-Profit/City Resident Rate: $200
- Commercial/Non-City Resident Rate: $400
- Trash Deposit: $100 (This is a refundable fee provided that all trash is properly disposed in the dumpsters at the end of the event)
If your event will have amplified sound, please fill out the Noise Permit Application. The application fee is $5 if done at least 48 hours in advance of the event, or $25 if done within 48 hours of the event. Please direct any questions regarding the Noise Permit Application to the Gastonia Police Department, where the completed permit will be submitted.
If you are planning on having power turned on at the pavilion and would like a staff member to be at the event in case any electric or power issues arise so they can be fixed promptly, the staff fee is $25 per hour per staff member.
If you are having a private event at the Rotary Pavilion, the City of Gastonia recommends hiring an off-duty police officer through the City of Gastonia Police Department for added security at the event. Please contact the Gastonia Police Department for more information.
Please note that alcohol is not permitted at the Rotary Pavilion for private events.
If you are looking to rent space in a recreation center, please call the applicable center.
For Rankin Lake Clubhouse rentals, please fill out the Rankin Lake contract form. Please call 704-866-6839 to confirm date availability prior to completing application.
If you are looking to rent a shelter at one of Gastonia's parks, please visit Facility Rentals.
Event Planner/Resource Manager
109 West Second Avenue
Gastonia, NC 28052