Moving Permit (House Moving Permit)

Moving Permits - Complete these two (2) forms: 

    1. Moving Permit

Note: After the Moving Permit has been approved you will need to go on CV Portal and apply for:

  • NEW SINGLE FAMILY PERMIT for setup at new location if there has never been a house on that lot in the past


  • RENOVATION PERMIT, select RELOCATION from work items when applying for Renovation, for setup at new location if there has been a house on lot in the past

Submittal Requirements (will be needed before starting application on-line):

When applying for permit on portal – things to know:

  • Estimated Construction Cost Step 1 – Must always include
  • Location of Work being done Step 3 – Add the address where house is being moved to within the city.  
  • Upload Documents Step 5 – Site Plan and under other documents upload the completed Moving Permit Submittal, the addendum and Certificate of Insurance as brought out on page 3 of Moving Permit Submittal. 


Offices for Building Permits and Inspections are located in the Garland Municipal Business Center at 150 S. York Street on the first floor.
Contact Information:
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC  28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC  28053-1748)
Open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. 

704.866.6729 extension 3 (office)
704.836.0010 (fax)


Print   Email