The City no longer offers the Budget Billing (BB) Program, but for additional existing BB customers, additional information is shown below:
- Budget Billing (BB) customers pay the same amount for their utility services each month, based on the previous years’ usage, which is then divided by 11 months to establish the BB monthly bill amount.
- We will continue to read your meter every month and generate a monthly bill showing the details of your readings and consumption so you can compare on a monthly basis whether your BB amount is greater than or less that the actual charges.
- The 12th and final month of your BB plan year is used to settle-up the difference between the amount paid and actual charges. Depending on whether there is a debit or credit amount determines whether you are billed additional or may be entitled to a refund.
- If you choose to end your budget billing plan before the end of the 12-month period, or move to another location, your account will settle-up and the actual charges will be due.
- If you no longer wish to participate in the Budget Billing program, please click on the link below to terminate your plan. Please note that you will not be able to re-activate your plan at a later date as the Budget Billing program is no longer offered.
For more information on Utility Customer Service see the Quick Links and Programs sections to the right.
Offices for Utility Customer Service are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and are located in the Garland Business Center, 150 S. York Street, on the first floor.
Garland Business Center, 1st Floor
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)