Install a New Service



Water and sewer service is available to most city residents; however, there may be homes in recently annexed areas where service is not available. If service is available, application and payment for the tap is made at the Utility Customer Service office in the Garland Business Center located at 150 S. York Street. The City has financing options and in some cases, assistance with the cost is available through our Community Development Division. A plumbing permit is required to connect service lines to the tap and permits are also issued at the Garland Business Center. Once the application has been made and permits obtained, crews will stake the site for the tap. Work is usually completed within 2 to 4 weeks. Whenever possible, crews will align the tap to allow connection to any existing lines. In addition to the cost of the tap, the homeowner will have charges associated with running the service line from the tap to the house from the plumber. Call 704.866.6043 to check availability of water and sewer service at an address.
Contact Information:
Two Rivers Utilities
Customer Service
1300 N. Broad St, Gastonia, NC 28054
(P.O. Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)

Print   Email