COVID-19 - Phase 2.5 Update (September 4, 2020)
- All indoor facilities and offices are closed to the public
- Fitness classes and organized practices/games are not allowed at parks or facilities without authorization
- Drinking foundations remain closed indefinitely
- Playgrounds and restrooms are available from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM daily at Gastonia parks
- Shelter reservations are available for groups of 50 or fewer with social distancing
- The Skeet and Trap Range and boat rentals at Rankin Lake Park are now open
Parks, trails, greenways and athletic fields are available for passive use provided mass gathering and social distancing guidelines are followed. Please practice social distancing at all parks. Do your part, stay six feet apart.
The Gastonia Parks and Recreation Department provides a variety of active and passive recreation opportunities for all ages, and preserves valuable open space for the enjoyment of the citizens of Gastonia.
Parks and Recreation Administrative office hours are open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The administrative offices for the Parks and Recreation Department is located in Memorial Hall, which also houses American Legion Post 23, a military museum, and the Rambling Rebels drum and bugle corps museum. For more information on Parks and Recreation, see the Quick Links section to the right.
Picnic shelters, ball fields and community centers may be rented by families, churches, companies or other groups for a variety of social and business functions. The Administrative Office schedules shelter/clubhouse reservations for Lineberger Park, Martha Rivers Park and Rankin Lake Park. Please contact individual Community Centers to make reservations for their specific facilities.
To register for youth sports and view facility availability at Rankin Lake, Lineberger Park and Martha Rivers Park, please visit: https://secure.rec1.com/NC/city-of-gastonia/catalog.
To create a new customer account for online facility reservations:
- Go to: https://secure.rec1.com/NC/city-of-gastonia/catalog
- Click on “login/create account"
- The primary account holder must be an adult and then other account members (spouse, children, and other dependents) can be added after.
- Enter all available user fields (required fields are marked with an asterisk).
- When entering your address, please spell out your street name completely. Do not abbreviate or use a P.O. Box. Unit numbers should be entered on the “Address Line 2”.
- The e-mail address that you provide will be used as your user name.
109 W. Second Avenue, Gastonia, NC 28052
(P.O. Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)
704.869.1983 (Inclement Weather Hotline)