- Evaluate landscaping water needs to determine if a separate irrigation meter service will be of benefit.
- Contact the City of Gastonia Collections Division to pay for and schedule the installation of the irrigation water tap.
- Have the backflow assembly and connection inspected by the City of Gastonia Permits & Inspections Division. The inspection can be scheduled by the plumber or the landscaping company installing the system.
- The City of Gastonia Permits & Inspections Division will notify Public Works to set the irrigation meter once inspections has passed the backflow assembly.
- Irrigation charges will show up as a separate line item on your utility bill each month.
- The backflow assembly must be tested annually by an approved company and copies of the test and inspection reports are submitted to the Utilities Division.
For more information on Utility Customer Service see the Quick Links section to the right.
Offices for Utility Customer Service are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and are located in the Garland Business Center at 150 S. York Street on the first floor.
Garland Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053)