- To make studies of the City and its environs;
- To determine objectives to be sought in the development of the areas under study;
- To prepare and recommend plans for achieving these objectives;
- To develop and recommend policies, ordinances, administrative procedures, and other means for carrying out plans in a coordinated and efficient manner;
- To keep the City Council advised as to these matters;To review and make recommendations to the City Council regarding proposed changes to the Gastonia Zoning Ordinance and the Gastonia Comprehensive Land Use Plan;
- To adopt a set of Rules of Procedure, as provided herein, not inconsistent with any North Carolina General Statute or any City ordinance;
- To review and approve preliminary subdivision plats;
- To elect officers from its membership;
- To perform any other related duties contained in the Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances or as directed by City Council; and
- To perform any other related duties that City Council may direct.
Offices for the Gastonia Planning Commission staff are located in the Garland Municipal Business Center at 150 S. York Street on the second floor.
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)