- To make studies of the City and its environs;
- To determine objectives to be sought in the development of the areas under study;
- To prepare and recommend plans for achieving these objectives;
- To develop and recommend policies, ordinances, administrative procedures, and other means for carrying out plans in a coordinated and efficient manner;
- To keep the City Council advised as to these matters;To review and make recommendations to the City Council regarding proposed changes to the Gastonia Zoning Ordinance and the Gastonia Comprehensive Land Use Plan;
- To adopt a set of Rules of Procedure, as provided herein, not inconsistent with any North Carolina General Statute or any City ordinance;
- To review and approve preliminary subdivision plats;
- To elect officers from its membership;
- To perform any other related duties contained in the Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances or as directed by City Council; and
- To perform any other related duties that City Council may direct.
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)
Questions or comments about this site? Email the webmaster.